In September and October 2018 I participated in Wood Badge training with the Prairielands Council. I met an excellent group of other scouters from many walks of life: Cub Scout leaders, Scouts BSA leaders, Venturing leaders, Order of the Arrow members, District level volunteers. And bonded even more with my fellow Owl Patrol members.
At the end of the second weekend, I came away with some new skills, new knowledge and my ticket: five significant goals to complete within 18 months. My ticket items are:
- Improve the organization of Pack 98 camping and cooking gear by building a chuck/patrol box.
- Develop a Girls in Scouting recruiting presentation and deliver it.
- Plan to attend Prairielands Training College in 2019 or 2020 to further my training with Cub Scouts.
- Document recipes and shopping lists for frequently used camping meals.
- Reduce the use of disposable plates and utensils in Pack 98 by purchasing mess kits for Arrow of Light and Webelos dens to re-use on campouts consistent with Leave No Trace.
And, now I’m going to work my ticket if I can.