The grandparents have Robin this weekend, so we’ve been catching up on the DVR by watching some movies.
- Blades of Glory: The DVR failed to record it, but claimed it was there. This may have been a secret blessing, but I’ll try recording it again this week.
- Crank: Not a bad movie, especially if you looked at the cast (Jason Statham) and adjusted your expectations accordingly.
- Children of Men: A decent movie, but depressing and bleak. And, for some reason, Clive Owen‘s character kept reminding me of Alan Rickman‘s Metatron from Dogma.
- The Departed: Star studded cast, excellent cinematography, well-crafted script and plot. Great movie in general. My only complaints would be: there are a couple loose ends left hanging at the end of the movie and Jack Nicholson was ad libbing too much, though I’m sure the ad libbed material improved the film.
- Man of the Year: Robin Williams, Christopher Walken and Lewis Black walk into a movie….And 2 hours later you are just glad it’s over. Not a terrible movie, but not worth paying to see either.
And, now back to your regularly scheduled March Madness.